Lavenham Church

February 1, 2012 at 6:10 pm | No comments |

A glorious building of cathedral-like proportions mainly dating from around 1500 at the height of Lavenham’s period of prosperity as a wool-cloth manufacturing town.    The church, which incorporates a wealth of carving in both oak and stone, was financed by the Earl of Oxford - Lord of the Manor – and a number of wealthy cloth merchants, including the immensely rich Thomas Spring III.

Services

Contact Details

Church Street Lavenham
Sudbury
Suffolk
CO10 9SA
01787247244
http://www.achurchnearyou.com/lavenham-st-peter-st-paul/

Image Credits

Picture 334